10 Ways to Turn Using Affirmations into a Daily Habit
Affirmations work best with repetition. It would be best if you repeated your positive statements over and over until they become second nature. And the more creative ways you can think of how to do that, the better.
Repeating your affirmations every day in front of the mirror is the tried and tested way to do it. But there are lots of other little tricks to keep your affirmations front and centre throughout your day.
10 Ways You Can Use To Turn Your Affirmations Into A Daily Habit:
1. Read your favourite personal development author and follow them on social media.
2. Ask your partner or best friend to record themselves reading your affirmations aloud, substituting your name for the ‘I’ part. Save the audio track onto your smartphone and listen to it during your commute or downtime.
3. Build a playlist of songs that reinforce your affirmations.
4. If you’re artistic, paint or draw or sculpt your affirmations!
5. Sing your affirmations while you’re exercising. If you’re not brave enough to sing them out loud, it’s ok to do it in your head.
6. Use aromatherapy and list the scents that you associate with each of your affirmations. Choose an essential oil to burn while you’re thinking about that affirmation.
7. Think of your favourite movie, tv, or book character who most resembles the person you want to be or the qualities you want to have.
8. Create a Pinterest board that aligns with your affirmations.
9. Build your own photo library of images that inspire you or remind you of your successes. Tack the photos over your desk to remind yourself of what you can do.
10. As you go about your day, notice things that remind you of your affirmations. Write down what they are and why they triggered that association.